Well, this is good news indeed! Time is reporting that Nabisco is set to launch two new oreo flavors on February 3rd, for a limited time only. The flavors are “cookie dough” and “marshmallow crispy”.
The writers at Time are a witty bunch, and I was amused by these musings within the story:
First, there’s the cookie dough variety. After taking a bite of the treat, one TIME staffer’s eyes lit up with joy and wonderment as he declared it even better than the original. Then he promptly went back for seconds. Here’s the thing, though: while delicious, it doesn’t really taste like cookie dough. Several staffers said they got hints of coffee or caramel, and one said it should be renamed the Frappuccino Oreo. It’s good, we all agreed, but if you were to taste it blindly, you most likely wouldn’t guess that it’s supposed to represent cookie dough. Still, because it’s technically a cookie dough-flavored cookie, one TIME writer dubbed it the “meta Oreo.”
The Meta Oreo! Yes!!!! It sounds like a superhero, doesn’t it? I think it is clear that we need to get our hands on some of these new oreos stat, and perhaps even make the Meta Oreo the official mascot of Mental Skillness HQ.
We are guessing that they won’t be available on Canadian shelves any time soon, so if you are headed to the States in the near future please send us a care package!
If you haven’t already seen the movie Pitch Perfect, I have only one question for you: WHYYYYYYYYYYY???
Are you so cool that you can’t take two hours out of your life to watch this adorably awesome film about dueling college acapella groups? You are, aren’t you? I bet you’re the kind of person who spends their Friday nights sipping fancy cocktails at parties thrown in swanky art galleries rather than dancing around your living room singing along to Ace of Base’s ‘The Sign’, aren’t you?
If so, well…okay, good for you, I guess. I cannot deny that that art and fancy cocktails do have their appeal. But so does this movie! First of all, Skylar Astin is super duper as Jesse, the “nice guy” love interest to Anna Kendrick’s character, Beca. And then there’s Rebel Wilson’s ‘Fat Amy’:
My favourite though is Benji, Jesse’s incredibly awkward roommate:
Sob! Poor Benji! Fortunately, Benji gets his moment of redemption during the Treblemakers final performance:
They are performing their take on B.o.B.’s song ‘Magic’:
Which version do you prefer? B.o.B. and Rivers, or the Treblemakers? Me, I like them both. But I think the Trebles win for of the feel-good factor!
I visited my naturopath recently and we were talking about stress and the toll that it takes on the human body. It’s true y’all: STRESS KILLS. You heard it here first. MSkillz, M.D.
Anyway, she suggested that amongst other things, a good thing to do each day is to make a list of 5 things that you are grateful for. So, I figured that today’s a good day to start! Here’s my list.
- 1. I am grateful for this website. It has been here for me through the good and the bad. And if I do say so myself, I think I’ve put together a pretty special little world here. Which leads me to my next item…
- 2. I am grateful for my utterly superb support staff here at Mental Skillness HQ. From Thaddeus (the best office manager anyone could wish for) to the Duck, Blape, Mr. Messy, the Friendly Monster, and President Fox…I couldn’t do it all without these guys.
- 3. I am grateful for who I am. I am also grateful for who I am not. I will leave it at that.
- 4. I am beyond grateful for my amazing friends and family. These stellar people are worth their weight in gold. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
- 5. I am grateful for music. As Bob Marley once said, “Music is everything”. I couldn’t agree more.
And here’s a song for you!