I visited my naturopath recently and we were talking about stress and the toll that it takes on the human body. It’s true y’all: STRESS KILLS. You heard it here first. MSkillz, M.D.
Anyway, she suggested that amongst other things, a good thing to do each day is to make a list of 5 things that you are grateful for. So, I figured that today’s a good day to start! Here’s my list.
- 1. I am grateful for this website. It has been here for me through the good and the bad. And if I do say so myself, I think I’ve put together a pretty special little world here. Which leads me to my next item…
- 2. I am grateful for my utterly superb support staff here at Mental Skillness HQ. From Thaddeus (the best office manager anyone could wish for) to the Duck, Blape, Mr. Messy, the Friendly Monster, and President Fox…I couldn’t do it all without these guys.
- 3. I am grateful for who I am. I am also grateful for who I am not. I will leave it at that.
- 4. I am beyond grateful for my amazing friends and family. These stellar people are worth their weight in gold. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
- 5. I am grateful for music. As Bob Marley once said, “Music is everything”. I couldn’t agree more.
And here’s a song for you!
You guys. It’s December 31st, which means that this is my last blog post of the year. I’ve made it through almost an entire year of posting an entry every day (well…ahem, sometimes I would skip a day or two and have to catch up — but that was the exception rather than the rule :)
I would like to thank each and every one of you for reading my site. For those of you who took the time to comment and give feedback — you rule! I really appreciate it.
From the entire team here at Mental Skillness, we wish you a very Happy New Year, and all the best for 2013!
A movie theatre downtown is playing Ghostbusters a bunch of times over the next two weeks, I guess leading up to Hallowe’en. I am definitely planning on going to see it. I remember watching it in the theatre with my friend Arwen when we were little kids, and being so scared of that freaky ghost in the library.
I also loved ‘The Real Ghostbusters’ cartoon on Saturday mornings. The best part about it was that, unlike in the movies, Slimer was their pal! In the cartoon he was a lovable, mischievous green blob with a cute squeaky little voice.
Check him out here, eating 100 boxes of cereal in order to get enough tickets for a mail-in spy kit. He just wants to be a super duper spy, you guys! I love him.
Okay, so apparently this isn’t actually built yet…
But when it is, we will be there!
Now this is what I call a room with a view.
Chillin in the lobby.
Fox in the Presidential Suite.
Wouldn’t it be kind of ridiculously amazing if they didn’t serve seafood in the restaurant?